Joli Vin imports
Julien’s Régnié and Morgon parcel’s lie adjacent to one another in the south facing parcel named “Oeillat.” The vines were planted around 1965 to a density of 9000 vines per hectare. The soil is sanded granite rock over a clay base, adding depth and structure to the raspberry tinged fruit, dried flowers and spice one typically finds in wines of this appellation. It is best to enjoy the wines from this cru, the youngest of the cru Beaujolais, within a couple of years after the vintage in order to profit from its youthful and exuberant spirit.
Julien Sunier fact sheet (PDF)
Wines & Producers
- Burgundy/Côte de Nuits Domaine Marc Roy
- Burgundy/Côte de Beaune Domaine PavelotDomaine Rebourgeon-MureDomaine de Terres de Velle
- Burgundy/Beaujolais Julien Sunier
- Champagne/Côte des BarDomaine Marie Courtin
- JuraDomaine de la Tournelle
- LanguedocDomaine du Pas de L’EscaletteDomaine Rimbert
- Loire Domaine Robert SérolDomaine Vincent Gaudry
- RhôneDomaine Pierre GononEmmanuel Darnaud
- Roussillon Clôt de l’Oum
RégniéJulien’s Régnié and Morgon parcel’s lie adjacent to one another in the south facing parcel named “Oeillat.” The vines were planted around 1965…
FleurieAt almost 500 m in elevation and at the upper edge of Beaujolais’ wine growing range, the southern oriented, steeply pitched parcel of “Niagara” is the source of Julien's Fleurie cuvée.
MorgonJulien’s Morgon cuvée originates from two separate parcels of equal surface area, one located in the southwest facing slope lieu-dit of “Corcelette” and the other at the edge of the Morgon/Régnié line…